Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6000-SIP-ITSP

ibtihaj2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried BE6000-SIP-ITSP , i.e. without using a Voice Gateway.

Does it work without any issues or is it really necessary to have a VoiceGateway Router

Thanks

Ibtihaj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If your ITSP is going to authenticate the SIP REGISTER/INVITE using 401/407, then you can't connect directly to ITSP as CUCM doesn't support SIP authentication. You have to have CUBE in between. Anyway it's not recommended even CUCM directly connects to ITSP.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi Ibtihaj.

Although CUCM is able to make SIP Trunks, a Cisco Gateway is the way to choose even because ITSP usually requires authentication on SIP connections.

Also within IOS you can be more granular on configuring SIP connections and it's easier to troubleshoot.

HTH

Cheers

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks mate !

I have the BE6000 setup now and waiting for the SIP connection

and procedure how to do this? like my SIP will be authenticated and I need help on how to do this stuff

Thanks ALL !!!

If your ITSP is going to authenticate the SIP REGISTER/INVITE using 401/407, then you can't connect directly to ITSP as CUCM doesn't support SIP authentication. You have to have CUBE in between. Anyway it's not recommended even CUCM directly connects to ITSP.

- Vivek

Hi Ibtihaj,

can you please specify which version of CUCM and the model of gateway you have?

Also IOS version could be useful.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

HI

I wont be using a voicegateway , only have BE6000 and a SIP connection (authenticated)

I am using CUCM 10.5

Hi.

In my first response I specified that a voice gateway is needed because provider requires authentication and CUCM doesn't support it as also Vivek said.

Regards

Carlo