Views
Helpful
Replies

Beep sound during voice call. CUCM

Sonam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CUCM 11.x and ip phone 7821 model. I have UCCX integrated with cucm and few contact center agents using ip phone to receive call. When receiving call from PSTN, there is beep sound when getting connecting to agent and this beep sound repeats after certain secs. This sound is very irritating to both customer and agent. Please help me how to get rid of this beep sound when on call.

5 Replies 5

Hari Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sonam,

First of all, you call internally from IP phone to CTI RP of the UCCX number (Mail line number) to verify that no issue with between CUCM and UCCX 

Dial the CTI RP which is pointed towards UCCX Trigger >>Application>>Script

If you observe Beep sound in above test scenario then you need to take packet capture from each hop.

If you don't face issue in above scenario then I will suggest to take PCM capture of ISDN leg and open TAC case to decode. TAC will give clarity on beep sound.

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad

Hello Prasad,

I dialed Trigger number(CTI RP) internally from ip phone and the beep sound is there. Please advise how to take packet capture and from which all hops. 

Thank you

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

Sonam,

Is the person assigned to that phone an agent? If so, do you have the recording tones set to on in CUCM? Do you have other phones or agents that are being recorded with the tone active? Since it repeats at interval, it seems as if it is a recording tone which can also be generated by the calling party as well.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Is the person assigned to that phone an agent?

Yes, 

If so, do you have the recording tones set to on in CUCM?

NO, the recording tones is disabled on cucm on each phone. 

Do you have other phones or agents that are being recorded with the tone active?

No, i have disabled recording tone for all agents/phone.

Since it repeats at interval, it seems as if it is a recording tone which can also be generated by the calling party as well

How do i check on this? I have agents in different team and location, with no such issue. No beep sound for them. But for other team , beep sound is there. Please help!