Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BEK6K-S Preconfigured Configuraiton

So this is the first BE6K-S I have seen, very kool!   Basically a ESXi host built on a module that is inside the router!   Along with a VWIC and you are a phone system for 100 or so users including Unity.   This was "pre-configured"  system and we read through the document on a this subject for a BE6K full size, and this seems to be different.   We note that the data store has all the usual ISO//OVA files, and two machines seem to be configured, the CUCM and the Unity folders have virtual machine files.  Inventory has nothing.  So right clicking the Virtual machine file and adding it to the invetory seemed like the thing to do.  Powering the machine on however, seemed to put us in a fresh install mode, so where is the Pre-Configuration?

Has anyone seen this?

Dont mind a fresh install, but we would really like to see the preconfigured solution in action and dont want to kill it!

Thoughts?

8 Replies 8

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ref here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/BE6000/InstallationGuide/10_51/CUCM_BK_B52DEF2B_00_be6000-installation-guide-1061/CUCM_BK_B52DEF2B_00_be6000-installation-guide-1061_chapter_01.html#CUCM_RF_D0079BED_00

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/BE6000/Reference_Guides/10_6/BE6000_Preconfigured_10_6.pdf

-Terry

Please rate helpful posts

[+5] to Terry

Hi,

Once u login through vsphere, u can see five applications [CUCM/UCXN/Paging/IM & P and PCP].

You can click on any of them and Power ON.It would hardly take 30 minutes to install .The call manager would have IP 172.27.199.11 with hostname as ucm-pub.

the same can be configured once u login into 2921V router and see the pre-configured applications with hostname and IP addresses/dial -peer/translation -rule

If you do not want to use these apps, you can deploy ova templates by fetching from datastore and tehn , deploy applications  and enter each configuration like IP address/security password/hostname/Application GUI and Platform password for CUCM.The same would take about 3 hours to deploy.

regds,

aman

This is the S model which is a module inside the router. It is sized for 150 users and 300 devices and does not have the same preconfiguration as the H and M models.    I have seen BE6K H abd M models that have all the ISO's mentioned in the doc that Terry highlights above.   The S model being much smaller does NOT have these. In this particular module I had, there was nothing in the inventory, and only the CUCM and Unity were installed as virtual machines though you had to load them into inventory.  I was able to add PCD afterwards, so three machines running with the preconfigruation ciscolocal.com domain and 172.27.199.0/26 subnet.   

Be careful when you turn these machines on, as the ISO is still attached to the DVD drive and you will unintentionally restart the install process!  So before you turn it on, edit settings and disconnect the DVD drive!   If you do start it, you will restart the install and it will fail .  the similist way out is to delete the hard drive, add it back and then run the install of the preconfig ova (not the bookable iso as that will give you a clean machine, if you want the Cisco reconfiguration, run the named ova).

Good one thanks for the update - Yes BE6K-S is the small form factor so lesser applications.

+5 to my friends Aman and Wilson :)

-Terry

Hi Merkin,

You would definitely get the pdf DOC lying in datastore.It is a 3 page DOC which can be downloaded having TAble 1 [Pre-installed Applications] and Table 2[Pre-Loaded S/W with Application Name /File with versions]

regds,

aman

Just to add emphasis - the BEK6S is substantially different from the H and M models as it arrived from the factory.  The docs applicable to the other models is a good reference, but the S model has some notable differences beyond size.  The machines were not in the inventory of the ESKi and only the CUCM and Unity were built.  I had to add them to inventory and then build the PCP and IMP from the OVA on the data store.

It occurs to me that it makes sense to install the PCP first to take advantage of the creation of an NFS files system on the datastore.   This will save you from having to move the OVA files from the datastore to the local desktop so you can install them!  To much back and forth!

I take that back, after bringing up the Prime Collaboration Deployment, there is no NFS on the datastore, this is another significant difference between the S and other M H models!

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Interesting, the BE6000 I have always had on UCS-C220s have had everything installed on them, even the Paging Server.

I always just re-installed everything without even taking a peek into them. May be next time I shall login and see the details :-)

Thanks Terry for the info )+5)

Regards

Hi Wilson,

you can refer the link for HW information on UCS E

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/e/hw/e_series_install.html

regds,

aman