cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best place to Trace or view Logs for Handset Calling Problem....

VLT06
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

Pretty new to the CISCO world (post Avaya), but I have something that has me stumped and was wondering the best place to either see what is happening in real time or any logs to view historically to see what is happening...

All of a sudden, there are a group of phones that we set up as a small branch (amongst other branches) that all of a sudden cannot dial each other i.e. returns the CISCO message “your call cannot be completed as dialled” etc… These phones share their own CSS, Routing Partitions & Device Pool however something is preventing them calling each other within. Outbound and Inbound to PSTN are fine.

Where is the best place to see what is going on here from a trace perspective??? RTMT Maybe??? I have checked DNA for the routing and all looks good so just wondering what else I should be looking at??

Any help much appreciated!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If all routing looks good from DNA and you're 100% sure your CSS/partitons are fine I'd try a reboot in first place, sometimes thing get stuck in memory that differ from what's on the DB.

What you get from DNA is what's on the DB.

If it still fails, CUCM traces set to detailed on the nodes where phones are registered, you get them via RTMT, enable them via serviceability.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

One thing to note:  DNA by default allows you to specify the Calling Search Space and dialed digits.  However, when calling out using an IP Phone, two CSS's come into play, the CSS on the phone and the CSS on the line.  Sometimes the two CSS's can get in each other's way.  In DNA, you can opt to specify an actual phone and a line on that phone, in addition to the dialed digits.  That might shed some light on your problem.

Chris

Hey guys,

found the problem was due to phone being in a roaming location due to incorrect VLAN assingment.

Must remember that DNA is for what "should" happen rather then what really happens.

Thanks for your help guys!

Cheers!