Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BlackBerry phones and Cutomer wants to integrate it with CUCM 7.1

In a customer setup we have CUCM 7.1 and Controller 4402 with 12 AP 1132 and IP Phone 7921, it all working fine, now they need to integrate wireless sip based IP Phone with CUCM 7.1

Could please some one suggest what are the best IP Phone in the market to support CUCM 7.1 and Cisco Wireless setup, and about the configuration in CUCM 7.1, any special lic do I need for this.

In third party SIP Phone do I need any special configuration or software to integrate with CUCM 7.1, Please light me more about third part sip Wireless IP Phone integration with CUCM.

5 Replies 5

I need just to integrate Blackberry or any third party wireless IP Phone with CUCM 7.1, could please let me know the procedure for this.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Same as for non wirless third party phone, described in the documentation.

thanks for reply, in CUCM side I can configure as third party SIP devic

e, in third party wireless IP Phone [ Nokia or Blueberry ] how to configure to get integrat

e with CUCM 7.1, In AP and controller do I need any special configuration, Please light me more on this.

Also Do I need third party device lic for this IP Phone, do the third part wirless phone need any special software for integration.

The configuration for third-party SIP phones is identical in UCM for wired and wireless versions. UCM has no knowledge of their form factor. Getting third-party hardware to properly register and function occasionally requires some debuging and examination of the SIP traffic. I hope you're familiar with reading SIP signaling.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide, Release 7.1(2) - Configuring Non-Cisco SIP Phones

As for the wireless component of this: Cisco does a significant amount of work to make their Cisco Unified 7925G phones work well across a wireless network. Both the Wireless LAN controller and the phone have extra functionality in an attempt to negate many of the 802.11 issues. I would expect limited success with third-party devies that do not leverage this. Cisco does publish a Voice over Wireless SRND as well.