cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF for same number in different Partitions

eonmostert
Level 4
Level 4

Was it ever "fixed" to be able to monitor the same DN that exists in different partitions on the same phone? The subscribe CSS can monitor both Partitions, but when either DN goes off-hook, both DN presence indicators will light up.

7 Replies 7

I think this should be working fine. Are you facing problem?

You have duplicated the extension and caused an overlap DN. CUCM will march only one number or you will get busy tone when the number is dialed.

If you want more than one line on that individual's and would like to keep the number. Why don't you set a hunt group for that person and place the DN as the hunt pilot.

Change the extension on the phone to something free and set the external phone mask as the hunt pilot DN so it will show at the top of the phone. Now calls will get the 2 DN when dialing be sure to put the pickup group in the hunt pilot.

If you are trying to configure a shared line, that is both lines ring at the same time on both phones. You will have to configure the DN on the second line position with the same partition and delete the other DN with the other partition.

Yes I am having problems with this. The users have 2 lines that they monitor for each of their team members. 1 primary line which is dial-able from anywhere, and then their secondary private line which is there rollover line. The primary line is in the internal partition, and the secondary line is in the private partition and both partitions are in the subscriber CSS. However, regardless of whether a user answer a call on their primary line, or use their secondary line to dial out, both presence indicators will light up on all calls.

how do you do this for many PT for one BLF ext.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK that's still the expected behavior if you have that kind of config.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello folks,

I had the same issue in a customer this week and I found a workaround.

For example, if your original configuration was:

Public Line = 1000/Public-Partition
Private Line = 1000/Private-Partition

You may do this:

- Change the private line to *1000/Private-Partition.

- [Optional] To avoid end user complaining, set the "External Phone Number Mask" with 1000.

- Create a Line Group (Example Private-Line_Group) and include only the DN *1000/Private-Partition.

- Create a Hunt List (Example Private-Hunt_List) and include the previous Line Group.

- Create a Hunt Pilot with the number 1000/Private-Partition and include the previous Hunt List.

- Configure BLF Speed Dial for the DNs 1000/Public-Partition and *1000/Private-Partition.

- Restart the phone with the BLF Speed Dials.

Regards,

Gilmar Silva