Views
Helpful
Replies

Bought used Cisco DX650 phone

jacob2071
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I do not know much about Cisco phones our licensing but I purchased a used DX650 phone and was hoping I could just use it by putting in SIP settings from a sip provider but there is no option.  I also tried to access the phone through its local ip but that did not work.

Does anyone know if there is anyway I can configure SIP legally without a an types of Cisco license or software?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Phone licensing depends on the Cisco call control agent, it would be on CUCM, CME or Cloud, not really directly on the device. As you don't plan to register the device to a Cisco call control agent, AFAIK you're free to use it with any 3rd party PBX you use, obviously without any official Cisco support from TAC or downloads as there is no support contract associated to the device.

If you wanted a device for a 3rd party PBX, you're better off buying a 78xx/88xx 3PCC device which has a config GUI.

If you want to use the DX650 with a 3rd party PBX, you will need to manually configure all the .xml files to do that, as you've found, there is no config GUI on devices with enterprise FW, only devices running 3PCC/MPP firmware have it.

Plenty of threads on how to register non 3PCC/MPP devices to 3rd party PBXs on CSC for you to review.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Phone licensing depends on the Cisco call control agent, it would be on CUCM, CME or Cloud, not really directly on the device. As you don't plan to register the device to a Cisco call control agent, AFAIK you're free to use it with any 3rd party PBX you use, obviously without any official Cisco support from TAC or downloads as there is no support contract associated to the device.

If you wanted a device for a 3rd party PBX, you're better off buying a 78xx/88xx 3PCC device which has a config GUI.

If you want to use the DX650 with a 3rd party PBX, you will need to manually configure all the .xml files to do that, as you've found, there is no config GUI on devices with enterprise FW, only devices running 3PCC/MPP firmware have it.

Plenty of threads on how to register non 3PCC/MPP devices to 3rd party PBXs on CSC for you to review.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Wow...sounds like alot of work around.  Maybe I will play with configuring it then. Good thing I didnt pay much for it.

Thanks