cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BRI use at Remote location

Vijay Patil
Level 3
Level 3

We are having site A  where BRI port installed on Voice gateway & some BRI lines a configured on it......

Can we use free numbers from Site A to the New Site B ...i mean can we use BRI channels installed on location to the other location ..

7 Replies 7

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Do you also have BRI terminated @ Site B?

Hello Vivek,

BRI terminated on Site A ....can use use unassigned number from this Gateway to site B ..

Do you mean that there are some free DDI numbers @ Site A which you want to assign to Site B users and when Site B user wants to make an outbound call, call will flow from Site B router to Site A router over IP and then to PSTN?

- Vivek

Hello Vivek,

thats right...we done same for the PRI channels ...but this is the first time we request for the BRI channels...

is this possible .can we use BRI channels on Site B

So if I understand your requirement correctly, then it is simple. When you're taking call over IP, it doesn't matter the location of caller. You simply need to take call from Site B to Site A using SIP and configure appropriate dial peers and translations in Site A to route that call over BRI.

- Vivek

thanks Vivek.....ok ..so we can use BRI installed on Site A ...

One last query ...need to create dial peer on site A Router...am i right

Yes, you need to create dial peers on site A and on site B too if you don't have it by now.

For all calls, router always need inbound and outbound dial peer. Depends on your number schema, you need to adjust dial peers, translations etc.

- Vivek