cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Brows user directory from another CUCM cluster

saurabh_om
Level 1
Level 1

In my scenario there are two CUCM cluster and requiremnt is to interlock user directory between these two clusters.  Users across the cluster should be able to search each other including theri own cluster user.

Not sure other then common AD integration if there is any way to acheive this.  Will global directory as a service pointing to another CUCM cluster will work??

SKhare                  

Thanks Saurabh
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you are on version 9+ then you can have AD and non-AD users, so you have import local users from the other cluster. Alternatively you can develop your own directory and use it for corporate directory or purchase one from many 3rd party options.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

No, you need to present the service as XML, so you would need to develop and host it on a web server, there are plenty of good example on previous similar questions here with links to Cisco SDK.

Chris

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Easiest way would be to create AD directory integrations for both sides.

Are you already integrated to AD?

What version of CUCM are you using?

Chris

Hey Chris,

two different AD integrated to each cluster and cross AD integration is not an option here.

regards

SKhare

Thanks Saurabh

If you are on version 9+ then you can have AD and non-AD users, so you have import local users from the other cluster. Alternatively you can develop your own directory and use it for corporate directory or purchase one from many 3rd party options.

Chris

Hey Chris,

I wanted to avoid AD and Manual addition. Is it possible to add global directory as service and modify url pointing to another cluster. will this work?

Thanks

SKhare

Thanks Saurabh

No, you need to present the service as XML, so you would need to develop and host it on a web server, there are plenty of good example on previous similar questions here with links to Cisco SDK.

Chris

Hello Chris,

Demand is just to see other side users in theit contact list. So alternatly i am trying one simple option. I have imported users from other cluster and trying to add them via bulk admin tool. Now it gives error user can not be added as LDAP sync is  enabled.  Is this possible we remove LDAY sync for sometime and upload user via bulk.

Thanks

Saurabh

Thanks Saurabh

grebac.2ring
Level 5
Level 5

SKhare,

You can achieve this (and much more) with 2Ring PHONE SERVICES, www.2Ring.com/newjuice. There is also a free trial available.

Michal (2Ring)

saurabh_om
Level 1
Level 1

OK !!,

I got a solution here.  I can add local users to CUCM without removing LDAP sync,  usiing BAT tool i created user and defined password and pin . But it gived error to define it in file ot use default credential policy for Password and default.

PIN. After assigning that BAT upload was successful and AD users can see local users in phone directory.

Thanks

Skhare

Thanks Saurabh