Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk administration for Remote Destination Profile failed

shahulhameed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Friends,

Microsoft Teams has been integrated with our CUCM. In Remote Destination Profile, I manually added 90 users and it works. I would like to add 1750 users as bulk administrators. I tried it with two users, but it gave the following error.

shahulhameed_0-1662538867376.png

Please advice.

29 Replies 29

I have tried bulk export of Remote Destination and Remote Destination Profile. The job scheduler results showing success but not found under Device.

shahulhameed_1-1662621303287.png

@shahulhameed wrote:

I have tried bulk export of Remote Destination and Remote Destination Profile. The job scheduler results showing success but not found under Device.

shahulhameed_1-1662621303287.png

Not sure if I understood that, what is it that you are trying to find under Devices after an export? Care to elaborate on what you mean?

Response Signature

The imported file has been validated as successful. In addition, the scheduled job status is success, but the RDP record is not added.

Can you please try with the files that I sent as examples, with the change that I suggested for the column name?

These files are meant to be user under Bulk Administration > Mobility > Remote Destination > Remote Destination Insert and Bulk Administration > Mobility > Remote Destination Profile > Remote Destination Profile Insert, not under Bulk Administration > Import/Export > Import with a TAR file as you seem to be doing now.

These are two independent options that you can use for bulk administration. The import/export option is often refereed to as thick BAT as it has much more options, but that said it is also more complex to get right.

Response Signature

FYI I have edited my post with the files I sent to include the suggested changes. So if you want you can download the new variants and try with them per my outline in my prior reply. Please remember that you'll need to select overwrite file if present when you upload it to CM.

Response Signature

Dear Roger,

No luck, my eyes are burning and I'm tired. I would like to do this manually due to the urgency imposed by management. The jobs are distributed among my six technicians. They will be taught how to do it by me.
For them, I have created a separate account. I intend to allow only the creation of RDPs and RDs. How to assign this role for them please advise?

shahulhameed_0-1662633719967.png

You have not correct the column name, it still says “mobility user id is not a supported field”. Please use the updated files.

Response Signature

I have followed the updated file but no luck

shahulhameed_0-1662638961552.png

This bugged me so much so I decided to build my own import file to verify that it worked. Eventually after a few tries and errors I got it to work with these files and a RDP template that you use for the import.

On the template you'll have to set a few mandatory things, like a user name, device pool and a line. See the screenshot for an example. Don't worry about what you set on the template as these values are then overwritten by the values in the CSV file.

image.png

Then when you run the import you select both a file and a template.
image.png

After you have got the RDP imported you run the RD import and it will tie to the RDP.

Please do note that these files are not using any of your data, these contain data that matches what I needed to get it imported on one of our systems.

Response Signature

For simplicity for you here are the files that I created based on your data once more. Please note that in the RDP file I have put another name for the Rerouting CSS, you need to set that to something that matches your system. Otherwise the import will fail on that.

Response Signature

I have uploaded the file for your kind review.

Please see my response for using a template in combination with the CSV file for the RDP import. I could not get the RDP file to work without this no matter what I did with the content of it.

Response Signature

Dear Roger,

Finally, it uploaded successfully. Thanks a lot.I sincerely appreciate your helpful, courteous and kind assistance. Let me test with a large number of users and update to you.

shahulhameed_1-1662656800563.png

Happy to hear that. Please do use the option to give Helpful votes on the posts that you think deserves that and if applicable please mark your question as solved.

Response Signature

This is often observed on batch files when their is some modification made, please make sure the batch files are same format as that are fields otherwise error would continue