Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Center

I work in a office that use 7841cisco phones  and there's a call center there as well. After business hours, customers called leave messages to a support Voice Mail

1-is there a way I can have that extension tight in with an end user extension so the light indicator will comes on.

2-do i need to add a second line using the support ext so that way the light indicator will come on ?

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, you can do anything you desire with the destination of the voicemail.  typically one would use dedicated general mailbox for this purpose so that greeting can be different from personal vm, etc.  Assuming you have available button on the 7841 you can add a DN of the general mailbox and this way the MWI will come up when there are pending messages on that line.

This is exactly how we handle this in out office.  As Chris says, while a general mailbox is likely more desirable so that greetings can be unique, you can assign this to a user's voice mail extension as well, though you risk confusing your customers.  Another nice thing about a general mailbox is that you can have it appear on multiple phones without causing confusion.