Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Drops on CUCM 8.0

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing call drop issues with my remote site connecting through MPLS and also to PSTN, I am using the below link to enable traces for the call drops, but i am not sure what CCM Services applications are suppose to enable for the call drop can anybody help me to enable appropriate traces.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

I have enable only as per the attached. But after enabling after 2 hrs i checked for the logs i didnt find any logs in the folder. Is it i am missing.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All call-related logs will be under the Cisco CallManager service. You can flip on Troublshooting Trace Settings for this service under Unified Servicability webpage. Without that you won't see most of the gateway signaling itself, only the internal decisions made from the signaling.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hello,

Still after enabling the trace collection there are no logs seen in the jrtmt folder on  the local machine.

I want to capture the realtime data for the phone call drops,what i shld do to achieve this.or anyother way of troubleshooting the above issue.

Thanks

You need to choose another folder, such as your Desktop, to save the logs to. The JRE lacks write permissions to your Program Files directory.

As for real-time, there is a real-time trace viewer option in the same logs section of RTMT.

Dear,

I am facing call drops at irregular intervals, if  suppose i want to collect logs for 2 or 3 days so in the collection time  i have  specifed the time for 3 days but when i press fininsh the logs  are downloded  in the folder,  These logs size should increase  accordingly the calls traffic and it will end up when the weekend starts

Please correct me if i am on wrong path.

Each service has a maximum quantity of log files retained and each file has a size limit. The amount of time available across all of the logs on the server will vary based on the call volume. Essentially, the logs roll over automatically so they will always be the same size (on average) but the amount of time they cover will vary.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hello

Here is the attached,there are lots of things but anybody can help me to trace the key points in the files,

For the above logs i have done the config as per the below link and also some extra traces enabled.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29901

Hello,

I started logs in the night with the collection of  1day , in the morning working hrs when there is a huge traffic call flow i don't see any new logs from the peak hrs time in the log file , it is same which i downloaded in the night. as per jonathan reply the logs should rotate but they are not.Is it i have to collect the logs by myself everytime ???

Also can anybody help me to understand the trace files posted in previous reply.