Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Failover Question

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I was asked by my manger would it be smart to add an additional SIP trunk to our environment just in case the current one goes down so we could have redundancy. I told him that would be smart but I would go with a different carrier for the second trunk so that all the services aren't coming from the same provider. I wanted to know I'm I correct in what I'm thinking for the second trunk.

Thanks

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, that's an option.

If it's on the same CUBE, configure tenants to have their own separate config.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, that's an option.

If it's on the same CUBE, configure tenants to have their own separate config.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime

I remember at my last position we had 2 separate SIP providers so if one went down calls would fail over to the other. I just wanted make sure that I remembered correctly and the quick reply is much appreciated.

Also I'm going to have them purchase another 3900 series router and configure that as the additional CUBE.

That is something plenty of people have, and many times not even for failover, but because they might get better rates with one ISP for certain kind of calls, for example international calls, so they route local/national thru one ISP, and international through the other, but they could use them for failover as well if needed. Then you can have the HW redundancy with other ISR, on top of that CUBE HA for active/inactive and call preservation, etc.

HTH

java

Thanks again Jaime I really appreciate the help.