cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward All on 2nd Line

Brett Williston
Level 1
Level 1

I have read older posts where it states that CFA is not available for Line 2.

Is this still true? Or is there a way to enable CFA on Line 2 now?

Thanks.
Brett                  

4 Replies 4

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

You can forward the second line from the ucmuser (ccmuser) web page.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brett,

Brad is most correct here (+5 sir!)

This Bug/Enhancement is still open and has not been addressed in

any currently released CUCM version;

CSCdr03425            Bug Details

AVVID: Allow additional line appearances to be forwarded from phone
A user cannot not forward non-primary line appearances from the phone
Status Status
Open             

Severity Severity
6 - enhancement

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last Year        

Product Product
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
2.3(1)
2.4(2b)
3.0(7)
3.1(3a)
6.1(3)
7.1(2)

You could look into this 3rd party product;

IPPhone callForwarder

This  new version brings to the user the ability of defining and setting the  call forwards from the IP Phone. When selecting the IP Phone  callForwarder service, a menu with all available lines will appear.  After selecting the line the user wishes to set the forward on, a new  menu containing the forward definitions will show on screen. Only those  forwarding parameters definied by the Administrator will be displayed.  These parameters will show the actual forward destination. The user can  then set any of these callForwards.

From this good link;

http://www.myvoipsource.org/open-source-tools/ip-phone-callforwarder/

Cheers!

Rob

"I don't know how, I don't know when
But you and I will meet again " 

- Tom Petty

Thanks for the info. I can do it without a problem on the 8961's but not on the 6941's. Odd...

Unfortunately, some of my offices can not access the user webpage because they are on totally separate data network than the phones.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brett,

I believe there are expected differences in Call Forward behavior between the 8961

and 6941 IP phones as shown below;

Call Forward All- 6941

Call Forward All allows you to forward calls on your phone to another number.

For your primary line, you can set up Call Forward All directly on your  phone. For all other lines—or to access Call Forward All remotely—go to  your User Options web pages.

There are two types of call forwarding features that your system administrator might set up on your phone:

Unconditional call forwarding (Call Forward All)—Applies to all calls that you receive.

Conditional  call forwarding (Call Forward No Answer, Call Forward Busy, Call  Forward No Coverage)—Applies to certain calls that you receive,  according to conditions, and is accessible only from your User Options  web pages.

When forwarding calls from your phone:

Enter  the call forward target number exactly as you would dial it from your  phone. For example, enter an access code or the area code, if necessary.

Call  forwarding is phone-line specific. If a call reaches you on a line  where call forwarding is not enabled, the call will ring as usual.

Your system administrator can set up other call forward options that:

Allow calls placed from the call forward target number to your phone to ring through, rather than be forwarded.

Prevent you from creating a call forward loop or exceeding the maximum number of links in a call forwarding chain.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/6921_6941_6961/8_6/english/user_guide/callfeat.html#wp1018800

Call Forward All- 8961

Call Forward All allows you to forward calls from any line on your phone to another number.

You can set up Call Forward All directly on your phone for any line. To  set up Call Forward All remotely, go to your User Options web pages.

There are two types of call-forwarding features that your system administrator may set up on your phone:

Unconditional call forwarding (Call Forward All)—Applies to all calls that you receive.

Conditional  call forwarding (Call Forward No Answer, Call Forward Busy, Call  Forward No Coverage)—Applies to certain calls that you receive,  according to conditions, and is accessible only from your User Options  web pages.

When forwarding calls from your phone:

Enter  the call forward target number exactly as you would dial it from your  phone. For example, enter an access code or the area code, if necessary.

Call  forwarding is phone-line specific. If a call reaches you on a line  where call forwarding is not enabled, the call will ring as usual.

Your system administrator can set up other call-forward options that do the following:

Allow calls placed from the call forward target number to your phone to ring through, rather than be forwarded.

Prevent you from creating a call-forward loop or exceeding the maximum number of links in a call forwarding chain.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_0/english/user/guide/book/callfeat_rt902.html#wpxref54766

Cheers!

Rob

"I don't know how, I don't know when
But you and I will meet again " 

- Tom Petty