Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward All with Speed Dial on 8851

Hi I am using CUCM 10.5 with 8851 phones. I have noticed when press call foward all softkey on the phone and afterwards a speed dial button as call forward all destination the phone starts a normal call to the speed dial number and doesn't set it as call forward destination.

Is there an option to bring back the "old style" behavior from other phone series?

5 Replies 5

Andrea Bocchini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steffen,

have you a speed dial or BLF Speed Dial?

I think that to work how you want, phone needs a BLF Speed Dial.

Try and let me know if it works.

Andrea

It's a normal speed dial, no BLF speed dial. And it short work with normal speed dials which are configured with external phone numbers, like mobile numbers throug endusers self-service Portal

I made some test on my 8851 phone

If I config a speed dial with an internal number, and click only apply config, speed dial works correct, but if I want activate Call forward All and then press this speed dial, phone start a new call. Instead If I click Reset or restart after apply config, it works correct and Call Forward All permit to use also speed dial.

Have you tried to restart phone from phone page configuration?

After I restarted a phone I could re-use a speed dial as call-forward destination.

It sounds like bug, because when users are adding speed dials with self-service the phone update is just an "apply config". So I am afraid I will run again in this issue.

i also think that it is a bug. You can open a Tac for this bug if you have a service contract. If you haven't, I can open it for you hoping that Cisco solve this Bug in future firmware.

Rate useful post, thanks. 

have a nice day

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: