Helpful
Replies

Call Forward Issue

derveniss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

just a quick question..

Imagine that there are two managers (A and B).

There is only one secretary for them (C).

The two manager's devices are configured to forward calls (busy or no answer) to the secretary.

Imagine that a customer (D) calls e.g manager A and the manager does not answer..

The call is forwarded to the secretary but unfortunately she is out of office too.

When she comes back at office she sees a missed call, she presses "details" button on her device and she only sees that the

caller is D... She cannot see the called ID (A or B).

We want her to see the full path of the call -> D first calls A and then the is forwarded to her..

If we don't find a solution for this, the secretary cannot find out for whom the call was for (A OR B)..

What can I do? Something with the service or clusterwide parameters??

I hope you understand the issue

Please answer only if you are absolutely sure..

Many thanks!!!

6 Replies 6

derveniss
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody?

Please??

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I tried various line configurations and I have found that the Missed Calls list will always contain the calling party information. I was never able to get the redirect party information to display. This makes sense given that the idea is you can select a missed call and call it back directly.

I am not away of any service parameter that would help you in this case.

You may have an option. When you select Missed Calls and scroll through the list, you will notice a string of text at the bottom of the screen above the "Dial" and "EditDial" softkeys (if you are using the default softkey layout). The text will say something like "On xxxx", where xxxx is the directory number or Line Label on the phone. If the Line Label is configured, this is preferred.

With that in mind, you can configure two lines on your secretary's phone. Have manager A forward to DN_A and manager B forward to DN_B. The secretary can then select the call from the Missed Calls list and see what line it was received on. From here, he/she can infer which manager was the original called (redirecting) party.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks you William,

I have done this and it works!!

Now the issue is almost the same.. The difference is that a secetary has to "support" almost 30 users which are as BLF Speed Dial (and Pickup) on her device...

I cannot make the same here because the buttons must be used as BLFs and not lines..'

Any idea?

I have no viable suggestions. When I have had customers with a similar setup they either opted to have shared lines on the

secretary/admin station or they looked at using one of the attendant console applications.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Roland Theisen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, While search for a solution for the same problem as you have mentioned, I saw your post here. Did you solved your problem ? If yes, how? I urgently need this feature for our main secretary, which takes care about our ceo's. Thanks a lot in advanced. Best regards, Marc Hoffmann