Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward to Cell Phone Through Cisco CME

Nitin Kapoor
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I would like to forward all the calls to my cell phone when i am not in office.

Actually currently we have scenario's like we have multiple extensions and all of them are individually configured and for all of them we configured the group extension which is globally and mapped 1 DID. So when someone will call to that number, so all the numbers will ring and after 18 seconds if no one answered it will forward to call to NJ office.

Below is the group extension. And still if call to that Main Did number, then instead of my phone, calls are landing to all the extensions.

voice hunt-group 1 parallel
final 507
list 311,313,315,316,317,338,319  (All the Internal Extensions and mapped to "401")
timeout 18
pilot 401

CME(config)#do sh run | sec telephony
call-forward pattern .T   <-----  I added this line in Telephony services.

And under my extension i added 1 line.

ephone-dn 9 dual-line 
number 319
pickup-group 1
label Nitin Kapoor
description XXXX-XXXXX
name Nitin Kapoor
call-forward all 91213XXXXXX   <------------ Forwarded all calls to my cell phone.
call-forward busy XXXXX
call-forward noan XXXXX timeout 20
mwi sip

Can you please help on this and share your thoughts on this?

Regards,.

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay lets try and use Viveks Idea. This is how to configure SNR

ephone-dn 9 dual

mobility
snr 91213XXXXX delay 0 time 10 cfwd 4220
snr calling local
snr ring-stop

Change XXXXX to your numbers and try again. Make sure you "create cnf"

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nitin,

In CUCM, call forward settings at DN level are not checked if call is placed through hunt group. I believe that CME will be having same implementation. If it is so, you can not forward the call to your mobile if call to your phone is placed through hunt group. Frequent alternative option is to use SNR which will allow to get the call on your mobile at the same time when phone is ringing.

- Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Thanks a lot for your reply again on my second query.

Actually i am not clear  a little bit with your reply. Sorry, but since i am beginner on this kind of work so just trying to learn.

Regards,

Nitin

Hi Nitin,

No worry.

The basic difference between call forward and SNR is whether actual called party continuous rings or stop ringing. For example, if A calls B and B has set CFA to mobile number, in this instance call will straight away go to B's mobile number and B won't ring.

Single Number Reach allows you to ring phone and forwarded target at the same time. Some guys in field call this feature as 'Call Twinning'. So in the above case, you can allow both B's phone and mobile to ring at the same time.

So what I was suggesting to use single number reach. Let say DN 311 wants that his phone should ring and at the same time, should get call on his mobile as well, SNR can serve this purpose.

If your requirement is not to use SNR for individual numbers and you want to get call on your mobile only when maximum hunts time expires, you can follow Deji's (+5) suggestion to configure mobile number as final destination. Please ensure that you have been configured appropriate dial peer for this final destination.

- Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Thanks a lot for your help on this problem as well.

I tried exactly the same options you suggested "SNR" and the configuration shared by Ayodeji and actually its working for me for my extension, however i believe i need to do some more configuration for global number.

I  have query, like i did SNR for my ephone, for hunting number 401 which i mentioned about, i do not see any ephone registered on CME running configuration. So how i can configure this settting for 401 so that when someone is calling on global number that should ring directly to my cell phone instead of all extensions?

Regards,

Nitin

Hi Nitin,

I got email notification with your comment but seems there is some issue going with CSC site hence I can not see your comment here. I just quote your comment and my response;

Hi Vivek,

Thanks a lot for your help on this problem as well.

I tried exactly the same options you suggested "SNR" and the configuration shared by Ayodeji and actually its working for me for my extension, however i believe i need to do some more configuration for global number.

I  have query, like i did SNR for my ephone, for hunting number 401 which i mentioned about, i do not see any ephone registered on CME running configuration. So how i can configure this settting for 401 so that when someone is calling on global number that should ring directly to my cell phone instead of all extensions?

Regards,

Nitin

So if your requirement is to forward global DDI number directly to your mobile phone always, then you can simply play with translation rules and profile to make this work. However please note that in this case, that global DDI number won't route to hunt pilot 401. I am not sure if you want to achieve both requirements at the same time.

Let say your global DDI number is 2222222 and your mobile number is 9999999999, you would simply apply the translation profile under inbound POTS dial peer to translate 2222222 to 9999999999. Then you will create outbound dial peer with destination pattern as 9999999999 and allow it to route via POTS.

Let me know if it doesn't answer your question.

- Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Thanks a lot for your help. I was able to forward the global number finally to my cell phone :).

Regards

Nitin

Thanks for the updates Nitin.

- Vivek

Nitin,

something seems to be wrong with the support forum portal. I got your email about your post but I dont see the post on the forum here. I also got your email that you marked the thread answered but its not reflecting.

The question you asked about configuring SNR for the global number is very easy to achieve. Just create a ephon-dn for the global number. It slike creating a dummy number and then apply the SNR configuration as you did for your mobile

Hi Ayodeji,

Thanks a lot for your help. I was able to forward the global number finally to my cell phone :).

Regards

Nitin

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to Vivek suggestion (+5) You can also configure the final number as your mobile number..

final 91213XXXXXX 

In this case when a call goes to the hunt group and no one answers, it will ring on your mobile

Hi Ayodeji,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually i tried what you said and it is still not working. Under the Hunt group i tried this.

final 91213XXXXXX  <---- Not working and calls were hitting to global number and all the phone were ringing.     
list 311,313,315,316,317,338,319
timeout 18
pilot 401

then i changed pilot as well.

final 91213XXXXXX  
list 311,313,315,316,317,338,319
timeout 18
pilot 91213XXXXXXX <--- No when some was calling so it was going fast busy to global number.

I have 2 Translation rule and one of them are mapped to hunting extension "401", so i changed that value as below but still global number was ringing.

voice translation-rule 101
rule 1 /^30/ /12XX2449XXX/

!
voice translation-rule 103
rule 1 /^2446XXXX/ /91213XXXXXX/    <---------

Regards,

Nitin

Okay lets try and use Viveks Idea. This is how to configure SNR

ephone-dn 9 dual

mobility
snr 91213XXXXX delay 0 time 10 cfwd 4220
snr calling local
snr ring-stop

Change XXXXX to your numbers and try again. Make sure you "create cnf"

Hi Ayodeji,

Thank you very much for your help.

I tried exactly the same configuration and actually its worked for me for my extension, however i believe i need to do some more configuration for global number.

However i have query, like i did SNR for my ephone, for hunting number 401 which i mentioned about, i do not see any ephone registered on CME running configuration. So how i can configure this settting for 401 so that when someone is calling on global number that should ring directly to my cell phone instead of all extensions?

Regards,

Nitin