cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call handler that allows user input directory number if they know it.

sisqo2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I want to create a call handler the starts by presenting a user with a greeting such as "please enter the desired directory number or else press 1 to be transferred to an operator". I know that I can use the caller input option and set it to allow me transfer to the operator but how do I allow input if the user knows the directory number that they require?

5 Replies 5

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

I think this is the default behavior unless you are blocking 4 digit transfers (or however long your extensions are) via Restriction Tables assigned to your Class Of Service assigned to your users.

Have you tested if it works?

Oh really. Are you saying so.. If a user dials the ext number lets say 5555 (which brings them to the greeting) if they enter the directory number they are looking for lets say 6666 - it should transfer to that directory number. Or else if they dont know the directory number they can press 1 which redirects to the operator. 

That is the default behavior yes...Jaime's answer is 100% correct.

Excellent guys, I havent tried it yet so will let you know tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm going to assume this is CUC 10.x as you failed to mention what you're using, FYI, you need to mention what you're working with, not just the question/problem.

That is already the default behavior, unless you check the "Ignore caller input" option under the greeting. If the user is not configured in CUC, you can check "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers"

Make sure your restriction tables and CUC integration to CUCM allows you to reach the numbers.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate