Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handlers - Call queuing system

shane.oconnell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to configure a basic poor mans call queuing system using call handlers on Unity Connect (ver 7).

I am trying to copy something similar to the below suggestion I found, which should put a caller on hold automatically.

Call_Handler_A: will have the greeting you want (or blank if you prefer) with an after greeting action of
"Transfer to" Call_Handler_B

Call_Handler_B: will have a supervised transfer to subscriber XYZ, with the setting to put the user on hold.

Call_Handler_B does not require an extension, since no one will be dialing it, however, for testing purposes
you can assign Call_Handler_B an extension, and dial your VM pilot, then Call_Handler_B extension and it
will work. Once it's working as you wish, you can remove the extension and modify Call_Handler_A as required.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to documents or something to help me understand what I need to do for this.

I have tried but I am not making any in-roads. Basically, I have no idead how to transfer calls to another call hnadler and how to put on hold.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Have a look at the Call Management Plan to start with in the System Admin guide here to diagram what you're trying to accomplish:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag050.html

There's a section on Call Handlers in the guide too with a section on transferring calls.