Views
Helpful
Replies

call manager - emergency backup for call processing

Abhishek Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi !!

We have a ccm version : 8.0.3.2000-2 , two nodes located in india .

the other call manager cluster is registered in wilton , i kindly wanted to know , in case , for an emergency issue where there is an outage in the Indian Cluster, how can we make the calls to be forwarded  to the node in USA .

I still have to get a correct network topology for our enterpise, but we have some specific mechanism where the calls in India in case of an outage are forwarded ( Certain DID's ) to the US Cluster and the call processing flow through them ( which is obviously through an ICT)

Question : I kindly wanted to know the exact mechanism or configuration that we can do in our cluster or on  phones, cucm, gateway so in case of an outage i can understand the mechanism of the calls being forwarded to the US cluster  ( through ICT or any other configuration ) .

Would really appreciate the configuration steps to be mentioned in this case.

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar
2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Phones will not register to another cluster and you likely cannot add a node for the India cluster co-located with the US cluster since the RTT will exceed 80ms. The only option I can think of would be to add a SIP/H323 trunk from the US cluster to the SRST gateway the phones would fall back to in India. You could place this trunk below the ICT in the route group so it is only used if the ICT is down.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes we have two nodes gatekeepers :

1. INDIA GATEKEEPER : 10.X.X.X

2. WILTON GATEKEEPER : 10.XXXX

We also have the trunks with the specific route patterns that go out to the european office as well as the US ( wilton office) . So as you mentioned that we would have the call through the SRST in case of an outage, i came to know through older guys here , that we do not have  an SRST anymore here in India. We only have the gatekeeper setup located here.

So was kind of confused about the network topology and the backup for the call processing in terms of outage, as they mentioned that all calls are forwarded to US cluster through trunk.

P.S. what should be the exact steps to do so.

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar