Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Recording Profile

neilobrien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've recently set up call recording using Dual Media Stream.  In CUCM, a call recording profile is set up which consists of a SIP trunk to the call recording server.  It all works fine.

However the problem is that the system was intended to record external calls only and not internal calls - it's recording both.  THe recording profile is setup in the users' DN but I don't see a way for it to make a distinction between an off-net and on-net call.  Teh Call Recorder won't distinguish between them either.

Does anyone know of a way to do this with the way we've set it up.  The alterntive I have is to configure a SPAN port of the trunk to the voice gateway to a second NIC on the Call Recorder but I don't want to go down this route if I don't need to.

Any advise greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Neil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The recording profile allows you to do automatic call recording (record all calls) or application invoked (selective calls).  In order to record only external calls you would need some kind of application invoked solution, meaning a 3rd party tool that would check if the party was offnet and start recording.  I know NICE makes some tools for invoking recording that work with call manager but I don't know if you can customize it to onnet vs. offnet.  Another vendor to look into might be verint.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The recording profile allows you to do automatic call recording (record all calls) or application invoked (selective calls).  In order to record only external calls you would need some kind of application invoked solution, meaning a 3rd party tool that would check if the party was offnet and start recording.  I know NICE makes some tools for invoking recording that work with call manager but I don't know if you can customize it to onnet vs. offnet.  Another vendor to look into might be verint.

thanks for the reply Joe.  If it's a case where it can't be done within CM, I'll probably go the SPAN route.

Thanks again,

Neil