Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not enforce ccmuser password change

Hi All,

A quick and simple (I hope) question. I am running CUCM 7.1(5) with no AD integration. The customer initially did not want to enforce password change for ccmuser web page after first login. Now it is a requirement. I have ticked "User must change after next logon" tick box for password settings both on default policy and on the end-user web page (under change credentials) but I can not get the ccmuser interface to enforce me to change the password after logging in. I have even created a new user with the updated policy - still no enforcement. Is it some kind of bug in 7.1(5)? Or I am simply missing something?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Alexander,

Do you have the 'does not expire' box checked also? If so, this will ignore the 'User must change after next login' check box.

If you want to have to the ability to do both, you can check the 'User must change after next login' under Edit Credentials, and then have the 'Never Expires' box checked in the Credential Policy.

HTH

Adam

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Alexander,

Do you have the 'does not expire' box checked also? If so, this will ignore the 'User must change after next login' check box.

If you want to have to the ability to do both, you can check the 'User must change after next login' under Edit Credentials, and then have the 'Never Expires' box checked in the Credential Policy.

HTH

Adam

Hi Adam,

You were 100% correct about this. I did have "does not expire" box checked also. I thought both should work fine. But obviously not As soon as I have unchecked "does not expire" the enforcement was on. Thanks a lot for your help with this!

Regards,

Alex.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: