Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup CCM 4.2.(3)

Googi1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

"Call Pickup allows you to answer a call that comes in on a directory number other

than your own"

Cisco's vague explanation for Call Pickup does nothing to help me understand HOW it works.

I was hoping to use this feature to enable admin staff provide coverage for a VP's line. But after some testing, it looks like the VP will also be notified of any/every call for any of the lines configured in the same pickup group. Is there a way to get around this? Is this not the ideal feature to use for this type of situation? Thanks for any input.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kelly,

You can go to the VP's phone > under DN config >

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Call Pickup Group Audio Alert Setting(Phone Idle) Disable

Call Pickup Group Audio Alert Setting(Phone Active) Disable

This will disable any Audio indication of calls for the other Pickup group members. And if the Visual alert is still bothering the VP change the Pickup group policy to Audio only. This way only the Admins will get an Audio notification.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The pickup group has a Call Pickup Group Notification Policy parameter, you probably left the default.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

The policy is configured for Audio & Visual, but my question is how do I make sure the VP's phone doesn't get the alerts when calls come in to any one of his admins' lines. It seems to be all or nothing?

Yes, either everyone gets whatever alert you configured or no one gets it. This is no per phone config.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks!

Hi Kelly,

You can go to the VP's phone > under DN config >

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Call Pickup Group Audio Alert Setting(Phone Idle) Disable

Call Pickup Group Audio Alert Setting(Phone Active) Disable

This will disable any Audio indication of calls for the other Pickup group members. And if the Visual alert is still bothering the VP change the Pickup group policy to Audio only. This way only the Admins will get an Audio notification.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Excellent, thanks so much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: