Does anyone know how to configure Native call queuing in cucm 8.6

whether it supports it or not..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It is a new feature in CUCM 9.0 and upwards.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It is a new feature in CUCM 9.0 and upwards.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the info Aaron,

is there any way to configure that for our reception phones.

Hi

Not 'queuing' in your version, unless you use a third party or add-on app such as Arc console or CUxAC.

You can just allow calls to ring on the reception phone by increasing the busy trigger/max calls numbers, however this can be tricky for the receptionist to manage. 

Another solution involves delivering calls to line 1, then forward on no answer busy to line 2 on the same phone, then line 3 etc, but with busy trigger =1 on each line.

The receptionist can then 'pick' the calls up by pressing the line buttons and it's generally a bit easier to use. It does require a multiline phone of course.

Aaron

Please remember to mark questions as 'answered' where appropriate to highlight useful content.

you listed wonderful ways to do call queuing

at present i configured as 

call from pstn to welcome greeting and then to operator, if operator busy call forwarded to another call handler with busy message,after completing busy message call again forwarded to operator.

here it's repeatedly playing busy message, i want to play some music in between that if call is not answered.and at the end of busy message the system playing "wait while i transfer your call" message, even if i unchecked it from call transfer rules in CUC

Hi 

You could try using a recorded bit of music in wav format and uploading that to Unity as a greeting, playing that then trying the transfer..

Aaron

my management instructed me to play the busy message as well, i can configure another call handler with music and forward the call to the music call handler after busy message and then to operator, but the problem is at the end of the busy message it's playing " wait while i transfer your call" voice.