Views
Helpful
Replies

Call routing at the voice gateway based on caller id

bilalghayyadh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

Is it possible to route the incoming call (at the voice gateway) to certain phone extension based on the caller id? How?

For example:

If the caller id were 71113391 or 03112233 then the incoming call to this voice gateway to be sent for phone extension 4455, how?

Regards

Bilal

7 Replies 7

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
1. Match an incoming dial-peer based on ANI and prefix a non-dialable character to DNIS using a translation. Let say A. So the DNIS in effect becomes A4455.
2. Match an outgoing dial-peer based on "A4455" and strip the A on this dial-peer using another translation profile.

If you have a CUBE, E.164 pattern map and DPG can be used to accomplish this, though the above solution would work on a CUBE as well.

Hello Nipun;

I think no need for DNIS in the required scenario at all ! And no need to prefix any thing by ANI.

I need to know the dial peer configuration to be able to match based on the ANI and to send the call for extension 4455 regardless what is the DNIS.

Again, let me repeat the example:

A person called our number at the office telephone line that is connected to the voice gateway, if the the ANI of this call is 71113391 or 03112233 then I need the call to be sent for extension 4455.

As you see, in this scenario: we are not caring for the DNIS and as you see that the extension is 4455 (its shape not related to the ANI shape).

Appreciate your kindly help.

Regards

Bilal

I don't see the NOT CARE FOR DNIS requirement in the initial post. Anyways, you would still match specific incoming dial-peer(s) using "answer-address" and on this dial-peer you would have a translation profile to translate any DNIS to your required DN i.e. 4455.

Thanks a lot for you.

Can you please help me in the syntax for dial peer commands if possible?

Regards

Bilal

Google is your friend. Tons of posts on CSC as well. A lot of people have asked for similar info in the past.

Spoiler
and on this dial-peer you would have a translation profile to translate any DNIS to your required DN i.e. 4455.

Please I need help in this part: so I have to do a translation profile to convert the called number of the incoming call to the DN 4455,  right?

Regards

Bilal

Correct.