Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call routing with PSTN

Hi, sorry for this stupid question in advance, if  there is main office in NY with CUCM and CUBE -SIPto - PSTN and remote sites at for example Chicago, LA with their own DID , how or what is the better recommendation to route calls from :

1 call from NY PSTN to remote site office number via CUBE_SIP-internal network OR PSTN_NY-PSTN_Remotesite  (I'd prefer 2nd option cause would not load my sip trunks, but I may miss something)?

2 Call from Remote_ site_PSTN to NY office numbers? 

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You usually only route internal calls over your WAN to avoid PSTN charges, however, if your WAN doesn't have enough BW, you can use locations + AAR to overflow to the PSTN, or completely route over the PSTN if you got a good deal and want to use the WAN for something else, that's really up to you.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You usually only route internal calls over your WAN to avoid PSTN charges, however, if your WAN doesn't have enough BW, you can use locations + AAR to overflow to the PSTN, or completely route over the PSTN if you got a good deal and want to use the WAN for something else, that's really up to you.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yes, that i was thinking too , why should I care pstn calls, I mean calls made from pstn, but looks like this is how it was designed here and they don't want to change it. AT least I don't have so mu calls to remote sites. 

Thank you