Views
Helpful
Replies

Call starts with INVITE for first digit then update with NOTIFY for next ones

telsy78797
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm opening a new thread cause I can't find my question into any board.

In my setup I have a CUCM  (v 12.5.1.10000-22) and some Cisco VOIPs connected to (i.e. 8841/8851/8861).

Since I registered few new phones, some server parameters must have been changed not by my will, and a unhappy behavior started to happen:

every time I try to make a call, if I firstly pick up the handset and then digit the number I want to call, my phone immediately send invite on the first digit and then update with notify (i.e. if I want to call 1234, the phone send 1 invite and 3 notify: 1@myserver when I press 1,  then notify for 2,  3  and eventually 4).
In the past my phones were showing the button for manual call start that now it's disappeared and replaced with this unwanted auto-start.

I'm sure it depends on some parameters automatically changed, but I can't find them in documentation.
Does anyone have some advice?

UPDATE: this behavior started after a SIP trunk to other sever (no CISCO) has been established.

4 Replies 4

Hi,

This is a normal pattern for KPML dialing. When KPML (or called
digit-by-digit) dialing is used. It does exactly what you described.

If you want to switch back to enbloc dialing, on your SIP trunk uncheck
'overlap send/receive'. This way CUCM will signal the digits in the INVITE
message only to your non-cisco device.

To disable kpml on your SIP phones, go to common phone profile, and
enable 'Enbloc
Dialing'. Restart all the phones will this profile.

***** please remember to rate useful posts

Thank you Mohammed for your answer.
At least I know where focus my investigation.
I tried to enable 'Enbloc Dialing' both for Common Phone Profile and a specific phone from my pool, but the behavior is still the same.
About the 'overlap send/receive' for my trunk configuration I can't find where it is the flagable setting on the CUCM admin page, could you tell me more?

You can find it on the route pattern page which is using your SIP Trunk Route-List. For enbloc dialing, you can enable as I recall from the phone configuration window if you navigate down to the device specific settings section (the last section)

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Ok, I found a similar setting but I wanted to be sure. It is already unchecked.
Same for Enbloc, it is enabled both for common profile and for specific phone in the pool, but it doesn't resolve my problem.
Is there something else I can do?

Could it be something related to dtmf or outside dial tone?

Thank you for your support