Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Extension name on SIP phones

amk42
Level 1
Level 1

HI All, 

I have a question regarding a CME implementation I'm working on. The system itself is working and I have named my DN's, so for example number 101 is "Office 1" while 102 is "Office 2".

My question is:  when a user calls 102 from 101, rather then the phone (7841) displaying that it is calling "102", can it not use the extension name, as in 'calling Office 2'?

On the receiving side this naming is working, so on "Office 2" I am seeing that I am getting a call from "Office 1", it's just on the phone making the call that I'd like to have the 'called extension name' shown.

Hope this makes sense and happy to provide any info!

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

On both offices are you using  CME ? or is it  a Different Vendor. 

Response Signature

Hi Nithin, 

Thanks for the reply! For clarification, we're talking about different extensions within the same CME system. I'm running IOS XE 17.03.04a on a ISR 4321. When I referred to "Office 1" and "Office 2", these are the names of the extensions themselves.

It's looking a lot like a software bug, as for example when I dial an extension (for example ext 150), sometimes the phone will display 150 as the called number, sometimes it will display 15, and sometimes just display 1 - very odd, but will never display the extension name of 150...

I have attached a photo of a phone making a call to extension 850, you can see its only showing that it's calling '8', rather than the full extension number, or the name of the extension itself.

Just waiting on Smartnet access and then am thinking of changing software version to 16.12.5 to see if that changes anything. 

FYI phones are on SIP 14.0.1 software.

So in short I have two issues, first appears to be a bug as to why the full extension number isnt being displayed, and the second issue is the original question, which is if I call extension 102, I'd like the phone to show that I am calling 'Office 2' (the extension name) rarther than the extension number (I assume this is actually a supported function??)

Hope this helps and thanks again!

Adam

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-02 at 12.28.58 PM.jpeg