Views
Helpful
Replies

CALLED TRANSFORMATION PATTERN

ainaraza1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having issue regarding call transformation in cucm v9.1. The problem is that we need to transform the called party number from +92XXXXXXXXXX to 0092XXXXXXXXXX.

We haven Cisco Webex Meeting Server and it's sending +92 before any dialed digits where as +92 is the country code. I've created the route pattern with "+92!" so it can forward the call to the gateway. Now i need to change the dialed digits either at cucm end or at my gateway. As a gateway we are using Cisco 2901.

Your support will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you want to perform it in CUCM, configure route pattern as follows;

+.92!

Configure called party transformation as follows;

+.92!

Strip digit: PreDot

Prefix: 00

Keep called party transformation in separate partition and assign relevant CSS on gateway page in CUCM.

Alternatively you can do the same in gateway itself using translation rules and profiles.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

Being in the same partition doesn't guarantee that device can reach the respective partition. If both device and translation pattern are in same partition but device has no CSS assigned, device won't be able to reach translation pattern "0".

This is about how partition and CSS basically works together. For example, A and B are in same partition say pt_allow . This doesn't mean that A can call B. Let say requirement is A should be able to call B but B should not be allowed to call A. To achieve this, A CSS must have access to pt_allow, this will allow A to call B. To restrict B to call A, B CSS should not include pt_allow. This will restrict B to call A.

Also note that if dialed entity (DN, RP etc) is in None partition, they can be called by any device irrespective of the CSS being applied.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you want to perform it in CUCM, configure route pattern as follows;

+.92!

Configure called party transformation as follows;

+.92!

Strip digit: PreDot

Prefix: 00

Keep called party transformation in separate partition and assign relevant CSS on gateway page in CUCM.

Alternatively you can do the same in gateway itself using translation rules and profiles.

- Vivek

Thanx. Just confirm me one more thing that is.

I'have three phones in same partition and all three phones are able to communicate with each other.

Now, I have a translation pattern in which when a user dials 0 call is translated into "5009" and it's exist in Route Partition "A" and my phone is also in the same partition. Will i be able to dial 0 in order to reach 5009 or i need to create calling search space ?

Regards,

Did you assign any CSS to phone? If yes, you just need to ensure phone's CSS can see the respective translation pattern partition. Further, CSS of Translation Pattern should see the Partition 'A'. Doing so, when one of the three phones dials 0, it will match the translation pattern and then will get converted to 5009 which will match the route pattern.

Just note that if phones and 5009 (RP) are in the same partition and phones CSS can also see the RP partition, phones will also be able to call 5009 directly, along with dialing 0 using translation pattern.

- Vivek

Vivek;

Sorry for the delayed response. What if my phone is in the same partition in which translation pattern exists however no css is applied on the phone then will be phone will able to reach "0" ?

If the answer no then my question is if any entity exists in the same partition weather it's translation pattern, route pattern etc. then why do we need CSS,as route pattern / translation pattern exists in the same partition where the phone exists and it can easily find translation pattern in its own partition.

Being in the same partition doesn't guarantee that device can reach the respective partition. If both device and translation pattern are in same partition but device has no CSS assigned, device won't be able to reach translation pattern "0".

This is about how partition and CSS basically works together. For example, A and B are in same partition say pt_allow . This doesn't mean that A can call B. Let say requirement is A should be able to call B but B should not be allowed to call A. To achieve this, A CSS must have access to pt_allow, this will allow A to call B. To restrict B to call A, B CSS should not include pt_allow. This will restrict B to call A.

Also note that if dialed entity (DN, RP etc) is in None partition, they can be called by any device irrespective of the CSS being applied.

- Vivek