Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller details lost between CUCM clusters

shaneblackwell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a new one for you now, I have an issue where the callers details are being lost and unable to be presented to someone on a different CUCM cluster.

We have a number of clusters all connecting via ICT and it works fine, however we have a service which is delivered from Cluster A to Cluster B which has a UCCX system on (cost implications prevent it being installed on A as well).  Calls originate from Cluster A are then sent via Translation Pattern to Cluster B (direct to the Application CTI Route Point), we then have users logging into Jabber and UCCX which registers to Cluster B and when the call is presented there's just the internal forward.

What I need to understand is if there's anyway to get it so the cluster A and B can retrain the caller details and present it to the agent.  Doe's anyone know how to do this?  I'm guessing this isn't a unique issue but my searches haven't found anything yet.

Just to confirm the caller number(s) are presented fine in both clusters when being handled directly.

Any pointers would be great.

5 Replies 5

Can you please rewrite the question as I am not able to understand the exact problem.

We can try but its unlikely to change much.

Basically we have a CUCM cluster in Germany that forwards calls to the UK CUCM cluster, the agents are located in Germany and connect to the UK system as its the only cluster with UCCX.

Calls come in to Germany, forwarded to UK's UCCX system routing the calls back to the agents who are in Germany.  When this happens the calling details change from the origninal caller to the forwarded details of the German system - hence why we loose the calling parties details when presenting the call to the agents.

We need to retain the calling information and ensure its passed on to the agents.

May I ask you to try one thing since UCCX cluster is integrated with UK CM Cluster so I am assuming the agents phone are registered to UK CM Cluster only. Rather than bringing UCCX in between at all what happen if call is being forwarded from Germany to UK CM Cluster and then send it to one of the agents extension directly instead through UCCX. Does the calling/ called number etc preserve in this case or not. If not, then the issue is not with UCCX but within the CM cluster itself that when the call comes to UK cluster the calling/called details had already been modified at this point.

Also, I would like to highlight below defect that had been recently opened during one of the cases I worked upon wherein the original called number was not being forwarded to UCCX whenever the customer was enabling QSIG on the ICT trunk. Hence, you can also check this thing and if you have QSIG enabled then try to disable it on the ICT and then check

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCva80036/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Last but not the least, try to change ICT with SIP trunk and see if there is any change in the behavior.

Regards

Deepak

So we've done a basic test; I got a German user to forward his phone to mine and got him to call his phone on a mobile (external line) and when the call came to my phone it showed as being an internal number, loosing the callers data.  Proofing it's a CUCM issue but little more.

So its something clearly to do with the cross cluster calling but I checked the ICT settings based on the link you sent (it's not QSIG trunk, its a normal cluster to cluster trunk) but there is no protocol specified for the trunk.  So nothing to change based on the link.

Any suggestions?

If Tunneled Protocol is being set to None on the ICT that means there is no QSIG enabled. You can try below followed by the reset of ICT trunk, if it still does not work then contact TAC as there is really not much you will be able to do then

Change "Always Display Original Dialed Number" Service Parameter to True

"Include Original Called Info for Q.SIG Call Diversions" to Always

Regards

Deepak