cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

caller ID based on DN pattern

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I would like to set the caller ID sent to the PSTN based on a DN pattern.  For example, 6xx extensions would show caller ID of 555.6666 and 7xx extensions show caller ID of 555.7777.  I thought this would be done with calling party transformation but I haven't had much luck.  

Thanks,

Diego 

6 Replies 6

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

What is happening with your transforms?

is your carrier rewriting the caller Id?

why not just the external phone number mask setting on DN?

I looked at using transforms but it seems that they only work based on called number pattern which his not really what I am looking for.  I have several groups that use the CUCM server.  Each group has a range of extensions and most phones are not assigned to any particular user.  My thought was that I could change the caller ID based on a DN pattern at a global level then override the caller ID at any particular phone.

I understand I could do this with BAT and external phone mask but that is a one time thing.  If new DNs are created I would have to remember to update the mask.

Also, I noticed that when I change the external mask on button 1 of a phone the external number shows up on the top right of the phone which is not desirable either.  I haven't found a way to override this behavior. 

Hi Diego

you can route the call based on called number initially and then match RP based on calling number by checking " route next hop based on calling number " on TP. Then you can change the calling number in RP itself and send it according to the matched calling pattern.

Let me know if this works

Saurabh,

Your suggestion sounds interesting but I am not sure how I would apply it in my environment.  I am currently using TP only for converting incoming calls from DID to internal extension numbers.  I use RP only for sending calls to my CUBE.    

The option "route next hop by calling party number" is only on TP so I am not sure how I would use that for outgoing calls.

Thanks,

Diego

Diego

On TP make patterns which can be used to route outbound. Once it matches the outbound pattern then make RP corresponding to calling numbers and one extra for all other calls. This you can control using CSS/Partition on TP/RP. 

Saurabh,

I really wanted to take care of this using CUCM but I found your suggestion just to complicated.  Maybe its me not having enough experience with CUCM.  What I did was to use translation-profile on the CUBE's outgoing dial-peer.

Thank you very much for your help!

Diego