cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller id from unity connection to offnet

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I am transferring a call offnet from an unity connection call handler and the caller id is showing my pri number instead of the orginal callers id. I have the service parameter set to true on display original caller id on transfer from unity connection. This is version 8.6. Is there another place I need to look?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Get some debugs from your GW and see if you're sending the right info, and if it's your telco who is overwriting it as it does not belong to your DID block.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I captured the isdn q931 debug and noticed that the calling party number shows to be correct leaving the gateway. I did check "Redirecting Number IE delivery - outbound"earlier and it didn't seem to have an affect but now the caller id on my last test was correct on the system. Not sure if this made a difference and it didn't take affect immediatly or if the issue is intermittent.

Just checked it again and the caller ID is showing the main pri number but the debug isdn q931 is showing my cell number as the calling number. Weird that this is intermittent. Could the phone company be overwriting this and why would they not everytime?

You'll have to call them to find out, the GW is the last point over which you have control, if the info is correct there, then someone else is overwriting the values between your GW and the called party.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We have contacted the phone company and they are debugging. I have tracked it down to only toll free phone calls showing the billing phone number and not the transfer caller ID.