cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID (outgoing) showing Anonymous or Unknown

marc.reiter
Level 1
Level 1

Our company has locations in multiple cities.  Our call center in Louisville wants their dispatcher's caller ID to show up with the phone number for the Cincinnati call center.  They want other numbers to show their DID numbers.

I changed the External Phone Number Mask for various extensions and it made no difference.  They all showed the main Louisville number.  Snooping around, I found a number had been entered in their 'Calling Party Transform Mask' in the Route Pattern Configuration.   I removed that and now when they make a call it shows either 'Unknown', or 'Anonymous (extension #)'.

I'm at a different site and I can set my External Phone Number Mask to anything I want and that is how it shows up.   Their Route Patten Configuration is identical to the configuration for the site I am at (except for the partition and gateway).   Both sites are on TW Telecom.

What else would affect this?  How can I get the the External Phone Number Mask to work?

Thanks,

- Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try this, through the gui go to your phone then click the line to expose the settings. Scroll down the where you see the "External Phone Number Mask" and put in all 10 digits of your phone number.

Now go into your route patterns and where you see the section for "Calling Party Transformations" click the check box for "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" then under that where it says "Calling Party Transform Maks" put 10 X's. XXXXXXXXXX

Now go to your gateway and scroll down to where it shows "Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls" and find the part where it says "Caller ID DN" and make sure its blank.

Now try out your phone call to see if it shows caller ID or not.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can also set this at GW and route list level and both have preference over route pattern transformations.

I'd check for other transformations there.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java,

I didn't see any kind of transformation in the gateway.  The Route list shows a calling party transform mask and a called party transform mask.  They are both blank.

- Marc

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Marc,

Your Louisville dispatchers' phones are they using a different GW (or CSS for that matter) for outbound PSTN calls as your Cincinatti Call Center.

What I am trying to get at is that you will need your external phone number mask to match a number within the number range on a GW that it is using to make a PSTN outbound call. You cannot "spoof" the caller ID. If you do then some providers will default it to the main number, or will remove it all together.

Remove all caller ID manipulation on route pattern, and route groups, and just only tick "use external phone number mask" in the Route Pattern, use for external calls.

Let me know how you go.

please rate if this is usefull

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

I normally work with just phones, directory numbers and extensions, so you may have to guide me thru some of this.

I didn't find anything about a GW under the phone, but the CSS is set for Louisville.

Right now the route pattern has the "use external phone number mask" checked and noting under the transform masks.  The only thing I see under route group is "Caller ID DN".  This is blank.

Both Louisville and the office I am in use TW Telecom.  I can spoof my caller ID to anything, so I assume Louisville should be able to as well.

marc.reiter
Level 1
Level 1

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

- Marc

Try this, through the gui go to your phone then click the line to expose the settings. Scroll down the where you see the "External Phone Number Mask" and put in all 10 digits of your phone number.

Now go into your route patterns and where you see the section for "Calling Party Transformations" click the check box for "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" then under that where it says "Calling Party Transform Maks" put 10 X's. XXXXXXXXXX

Now go to your gateway and scroll down to where it shows "Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls" and find the part where it says "Caller ID DN" and make sure its blank.

Now try out your phone call to see if it shows caller ID or not.

Awesome!  That did it.   I think it was the XXXXXXXXXX that did it.   Thanks Tracy!

- Marc

Awesome, glad to be of help!