cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID showing incorrect name externally

poshgecko
Level 1
Level 1

We have a user, who when they make an outbound call, the caller ID shows up incorrectly (as the user's name) to the external customer/user. The telephone number is a departmental number. Meaning multiple users also have this number set with the same settings. I also can't seem to replicate the issue when they call my personal cell or desk phone. 

I only assume since this is happening to multiple outside customers, the receivers do not have her number saved under any name in their contact list.

Unknown phone type externally. Checked Translation Pattern, CallerID, setting for end user, their extension, and the users phone. I do not see any setting that would show something other than what is set (department name is set).

Version: 12.5.1.14900-63
I am not fully versed in the Cisco CUCM but can work my way around in it.
Let me know if I need to attach any logs/configs.

NOTE:
Per their description, no matter who makes an outbound call in the department, the external customer sees our users name and not the department name, confusing the person and not answering. Could this be an issue with the number provider of the external phone that is receiving the call?

Thank you anyone in advance!

7 Replies 7

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is affected user have valid DID number assigned on his/her phone ?

Is there any external phone number mask add on that user line page ?

Run the DNA and check the call flow why it’s showing incorrect caller id.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as solution”.

Hi Sadav and thank you for your reply. I will answer your questions in order below.

Is there any external phone number mask add on that user line page ?
There is an external phone number mask as well as callerid, but it is set up for displaying the department's number and name. Not the user.

Run the DNA and check the call flow why it’s showing incorrect caller id.
I ran the DNA check but cannot find any sort of reason as to why it is displaying incorrectly. The information displayed for doing the analysis is pretty lacking on both the analyzer and phone analysis.

Thank you for your time again!

Can you please share the output of a debug for a outbound call from your voice gateway?

Response Signature

Sure thing. Attached is the dnaOutput.

I've redacted a few info for privacy. "CallingParty" fields are redacted. They are all the same number. "EndDevice" names, in the xml, have also been redacted.

Hope this info helps. This is the dna from the complainants phone. Calling Google HQ for an example. Trying personal phones and other local numbers produce the same information pretty much. 

It was not the DNA output that I asked for. I wanted to see the output from a debug in your gateway for a call that egress out to PSTN.

Response Signature

Roger Kallberg,

I apologize. I am unsure on how to do that then, can anyone point me in the right direction?

What type of connection do you have with you service provider for PSTN services, SIP or ISDN and what type of router do you use for this?

Response Signature