cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

callername tcl script on 4321 IOS XE

barkerr01
Level 1
Level 1

We are upgrading from CUCM 7 to 11. We have replaced our remote site H323 gateways from 2800 series with new 4321s.

We cannot seem to get the callername.tcl script working on the new IOS XE. Has anyone managed this or know why it might not work? We know the database and web server in the back end is still working because the 2900 series routers are still looking up and displaying the name. I have been told by our telephony partner that the TCL scripting is different on IOS XE but as yet they are unable to get the original script working. We are a bit stuck as the next gateways that need upgrading are at our main site and I'm holding off doing this until we have a solution.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can check the Cisco IOS Scripting with TCL Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS XE Release 2 below and check the Prerequisites/Restrictions section in particular 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ios_tcl/configuration/xe-2/ios-tcl-xe-2-book/nm-script-tcl-xe.html

HTH

Manish

Thank you for the reply. I have checked them out now but still none the wiser. According to our Cisco partner, it is a problem with the way the TCL scripts can interface with POTS dial peers. We are still no closer to a solution. It is a real shame as we have a working system at the moment - the 2900 series routers we have work find, just anything on the IOS XE are an issue.