cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling party number not present

CHARLES HEUPEL
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IVR system connected to my voice gateway via PRI.  When the IVR system makes a call, there is no calling party number field present in the setup message.  All my calls to long distance numbers are failing because the outbound setup message to the pstn doesn't contain the calling party field.  Does anyone know of a way to have the gateway insert the calling party field in the setup message before sending the call to the pstn?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use "clid" under DPs, or a voice translation profile and rule for that.

Sure....

The IVR system is connected to my voice gateway (3845) via a PRI.  The 3845 has another PRI that connects to the PSTN for outbound calls.  I have dial-peers configured for routing calls in or out of the system. The IVR system places calls to our Customers for various reasons.  This is basically it....very simple setup....ISDN in and ISDN out.  The only problem I'm having is the calling party number or ANI field not present in the ISDN Setup message from the IVR and therefore the Setup message to the PSTN does not contain the ANI field either. 

I've edited my answer above.

I tried the voice translation profile before submitting this and it didn't work.  I think that would work fine if the calling party number field was present in the setup message but in my case their is no field present.  See below example.  I will try clid on DP and see if that works.

Exclusive, Channel 23 683364: Jul 12 17:36:41.785: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x6986
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech 
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA98397
                Exclusive, Channel 23
        Called Party Number i = 0x80, '3711'
                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown
       Channel ID i = 0xA98397
                Exclusive, Channel 23

A properly configured rule would work even in absence of the number, or the clid command as mentioned above or even isdn calling-number.

At the end it's all in the documentation.