cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 5.1.3 to 6.0 Upgrade Fails

acjarvis
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running CallManager 5.1.3.1000-12 on a two server cluster. I received the the CM5.x to CM6.0 upgrade disks via the SASU contract we have.

I have tried to install the upgrade on the publisher by going to the OS Admin page and Install/Upgrade and choosing the local source(CD/DVD) option but it fails to find any upgrade files.

So I decided to checkout what was on the DVD and found the file:

cisco-ipt-k9-patch6.0.1.1000-37.tar.gz.sgn

I then copied it from the disk to a known working ftp/sftp server and tried to use the Install/Upgrade page again on the publisher with the same message.

The error I am receiving is:

Errors encountered.

The directory was located and searched but no valid options or upgrades were available. Note, a machine cannot be downgraded so option and upgrade files for previous releases were ignored.

For grins I tried to do the same on the subscriber just to see if it would even recognize the patch file and I got the same error.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I haven't had trouble with either of the servers recognizing patch/upgrade files in the past.

Thanks,

Aaron

16 Replies 16

Guys,

We have come across this recently and the word from Cisco is this is not possibledue to the features added in 5.1.3 are not in 6.0.1 this will be sorted in version 6.1.

Sorry you will have to wait

You can not upgrade from 5.1.3 to 6.0. There is a doc regarding this -Release Notes for Cisco Unified Communications

Manager Release 6.0(1a) dated Nov 2007