cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 9.0 Upgrade

jmartin
Level 1
Level 1

Typically,  whenever there is a CUCM upgrade I am able to find online people talking about how the upgrade went, any issues they had, new features, etc. So far I have heard very little about the CUCM 9.0 upgrade. Is everyone just holding off or is it just nothing to write home about?

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There have been some good threads here already, there is no much to the upgrade if your hardware can support it, the biggest thing to worry during the upgrade is the licensing changes and Enterprise Licensing Manager (ELM).

HTH,

Chris

That is my biggest concern... Is there something available that will let me see what my current amount of licenses will convert too? I know that you have 60 days to get compliant but I would rather know going in to the upgrade where I stand

Yes, the User Count Tool available here:

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-28109

It's important to understand how the new user-based licensing works. Stop thinking DLUs. As soon as you give the End User a feature it consumes a license. What license depends on what you give them.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

jmartin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm logged in but it says I don't have to access the tool

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: