Views
Helpful
Replies

callmanager call forwarding

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

I have a below requirements that i want to know apart from the call forward feature it can achieve by another feature. ???

I have this requierment when anybody calls to User A, B,C primary line it shld forward as per the below

UserA-->User B--->UserC

UserC--->UserB---->UserA

UserB--->UserC---->UserA

I am doing in the below manner, is there any other way to achive apart from the below.

• when user A (1111) primary Line phone rings  on no awnser it is forwarding to User B (Line 2 EXT: 2223) and he also doesnt answer than it is forwarding to User C (3333)
  • when User C (3333) primary Line phone rings it is forwarding to User B ( Line 3 EXT: 2224) and on no awnser than it is forwarding to User A (1111)
  • When User B (2222) primary line  phone rings it is forwarding to User C (LINE 2 EXT: 3334) and on no answer it forwarding to User A (1111)

Thanks

12 Replies 12

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,

This is very granular, it can see some of the things achieved through Hunt group but not all. Forwarding is your best bet.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Dear,

I thought abt  hunt pilot but it will transfer randomly not according to the requirement So what i understand Call forwarding is the only granular way to do that , there is no other feature in the call manager will do as per the requirement.

thanks

Configure 3 line groups as per your requirement, and set the algorithm to top down, then adjust your call routing so people dial the hunt pilots.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jaime,

thanks for the reply,

just to clear things other people will call them on primary line and not on the hunt pilot, their primary lines are published in the corporate for more than 12 yrs.

thanks

Let's do a small change, but still you'll use the Hunt Groups.
Create 3 line groups:
1. LG1: Top Down: 2223, 3333.
2. LG2: Top Down: 2224, 1111.
3. LG3: Top Down: 3334, 1111.

Now, on the following lines you'll configure the following Call Forward on No Answer / Busy:
1. Line 1111, CFB/CFNA to LG1.
2. Line 3333, CFB/CFNA to LG2.
3. Line 2222, CFB/CFNA to LG3.

That way people will still call 1111, 3333 and 2222. But if they won't answer, only then they'll be forwarded to those hunt groups.

Dear Slavik,

As you have mentioned in your post:

Now, on the following lines you'll configure the following Call Forward on No Answer / Busy:

Line 1111, CFB/CFNA to LG1

I have to enter the extension number or the LG1 name ?? not clear for me.

And if i am not wrong i don't have to create a hunt pilot for this task??

Thanks

OK, of course in order to accomplish an hunt group you must configure the following in the following order:

1. Line Group
  2. Hunt List
  3. Hunt Pilot

When you're configuring the Hunt Pilot you're giving it some virtual number. So when you're doing the call forward you are putting the number of the hunt pilot.

Hope it's more clear now ;)

Dears Slavik

the conclusion is as follow please correct me if i am wrong

when a call hit to primary number user A 1111  on no answer it will transfer to hunt pilot number XXXX which will contain the numbers of LG1: 2222,3333,1111 i will also add the primary number of the user to transfer the ring again to him on no answer by 2222,3333

Thanks

Exactly, you can add the extension itself also to the hunt like you said, and it'll ring in his extension again after it'll be forwarded to the hunt and depending on his location in the line group.
Good, it'll work, I'm doing that a lot for customers that are asking those kind of stuff.

Dear Slavik,

the 3 users were having only 3 primary numbers 1111,2222,3333 there were no other numbers on their this new request i have added line 2 & 3 for the User B and line 2 for User C for call forwarding

As discussed in the above reply can it be achieved with their only primary numbers for example

LG1 : Top Down 2222,3333 when call hits to 1111

LG2 : Top Down 3333,1111 when call hits to 2222

LG3: Top Down 2222,1111 when call hits to 3333

Call will hit to 1111 on no answer it will forward to hunt pilot XXXX which contains 2222,3333  but when it will hit to 2222 the call forward of 2222 i.e hunt pilot  YYYY will come into the process which will go to LG2

so i am confused here so is it possible without  extra line keeping primary line in the line group

Thanks

That was my initial idea, to not add the primary line (the first target called number) to the line group. You added this idea in your previous comment, and I supported it as it is also a good idea, but it depends on the needs. So you can do it like that (with adding primary line to hunt), or doing it like in the previous idea (with adding the primary line to the hunt).

sorry you misunderstood me

i mean to say user a,b,c have only primary number 1111,2222,3333, there are no secondary numbers for example line 2 line3 on their phones , so my question was if instead of adding secondary numbers cani play with only primary lines without having additional numbers ( line 2 and line 3) on user b and user c

In such case can u write for the me how the flow will be.

thanks