cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager5 H.323 Trunk to AVAYA 8700 problems

elnurmirba
Level 1
Level 1

I am integrating an Avaya Definity 8700 with CCM5 via H.323 trunk. I am able to make a call from AVAYA to CCM, but not vice-a-versa. Any comments ?

18 Replies 18

parinya
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem too. I'm running CUCM 6.12 with Avaya CM4. After that I 've change to CUCM 7.0. But it doesn't mean anything.

Even I try to connect Avaya to IOS router that ebable h.323. I can make call from avaya to cisco. But vice-a-versa still not complete.

I try to sniff packets that pass to and from CUCM. It seem like the problem occur at h.225. when CCM send h.225 request Avaya not send any h.225 message to CUCM. So that calls are not establish. I try to enable/disable faststart but it doesn't help.

This is what i am experiencing also, Avaya is not sending any h.225 message back. We have arrange for Avaya support tomorrow to be on site and test again and it happen on other sites before. I will update any informatio after the test tomorrow.

I had completed the test and was successful to make calls both way now. The Avaya site had configured wrongly point to the wrong call manager in Japan. It should be point to the subscriber instead.

Partly, the device pool is also configured to have the subscriber as the first choice and the publisher the second choice.

Hi,

I have an avaya system in our HQ,and

CCM 6.1 Publisher server also in HQ,(Only Avaya Phones in HQ)we have 2 remote sites which has subcriber CCM with only cisco phones.

Now trying to integrate Avaya and CCM calls are dropping when we dial remote sites.Both calls from Avaya and Cisco phones gets dropped.

Integration is done on H323.

Cisco H323 Gateway uses Non Qsig.

Cisco Route pattern Matches the DN of Avaya Phones.

Partiton is the common partition used.

Is MRGL necessary ?

Pls advice anything missing from cisco.

Thnx

John