Views
Helpful
Replies

calls from PSTN to ATA187 will not connect

6rmisior
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running into a strange issue with ATA187s.  Calls from PSTN to phone/fax attached to ATA 187 will not connect.

The PSTN caller hears ringing all the time even when the call is answered. The phone connected to the ATA hears noises when the call is answered.

The ATA phone can call PSTN without a problem.

Calls from other IP phones to the ATA phone work correctly. The gateway and ata are in the same location/device pool.

If I select "Media Termination Point" requited on the ATA the PSTN call to ATA will work (but faxing will not work).

Here is my setup

PSTN----- PRI ---[2901]----MGCP--- CUCM  ---- ATA 187

The 2901 is running IOS 15.0(1)M4

CUCM is version 8.5.1.10000

ATA 187 is running APP187.9-0-3-0

I have other SIP phones at this location that don't require MTP.

I wonder if anyone else has run into this before?

Thanks,

Robert

3 Replies 3

6rmisior
Level 1
Level 1

The ATA upgrade to 9.2(1) fixed this problem.

Robert

We had the same issue, had been working with tac when one of the other team members found this post, thank you.

Craig

Hi 64misior, Can you upload this firmware for me. I have cco account and in the pass i can download many products in cisco. But today i went to cisco download area I meeted the message:

"Cisco service contract information indicates you are not authorized to download software for the following product(s):

• Cisco ATA 187 Analog Telephone Adaptor

To download software for other product(s), remove the software for the product(s) listed above.

Or, if you feel this message is in error, please:

1.     Email

technical support

for 24x7 assistance. To expedite your request, please include the following information:

User ID (Cisco.com ID used to download software)

Contact Name

Company Name

Contract Number

Product ID

Desired Software Release or File Name

2.      Contact your Cisco Representative, Partner or Reseller to ensure  product(s) listed above are covered on a service contract. The

Partner Locator

link may assist in locating your nearest partner.

3.     Associate contracts for those products to your Cisco.com profile using the

Instructions found in Profile Manager

. After you submit your additional contracts, verification and updates may take up to 6 hours to complete. "

Is cisco  currently limited to the download?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: