Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls to one extension are ringing on two seperate extensions

Alketron
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This issue just started happening last week. In our office when one of our employees receives on a call on their extension, say extension A, a separate user, on extension B is also receiving the same call.

I have checked in CUCM and each users IP phone only has their primary extension linked to it. I am fairly new to using CUCM but could someone recommend where to look inside CUCM or Unity to solve this issue.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alketron
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the responses. The solution was a simple one.

The user has accidentally hit the "Forward All" button on their phone and then typed extension B. After disabling Forwarding on the IP phone the problem was fixed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Have you looked at the configuration for Extension A to confirm there is no single number reach (mobility) configured on it to ring to extension B or that there is no Call Forwarding to Extension B?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

SNR cannot be configured with internal extensions

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Actually it can be if you send the call back out the network (PSTN).  I just tested and verified this on 11.5 SU6.  I placed SNR on my primary extension (line 1) to go to my secondary extension (line 2).  I configured the destination number as the DID of the extension.  So while yes it is not going directly to the internal extension the call is still triggering SNR to flow to the Destination Number configured.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See if there are pickup groups configured for that DN, and confirm the call flow to discard a line group with broadcast

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Alketron
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the responses. The solution was a simple one.

The user has accidentally hit the "Forward All" button on their phone and then typed extension B. After disabling Forwarding on the IP phone the problem was fixed.