cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls to System Call Handler Route to Hunt Pilot but Not then to Related Voice Mail

DAVID BURKHART
Level 1
Level 1

I have been managing Cisco VoIP since v4, and even managed Cisco Unity up through v5. Then I migrated over to Exchange Unified Massaging for about a decade. Now that Microsoft has bailed on UM and we wanted to move our mailboxes to Exchange Online, I've brought CUC in and have been running it for over a year now. Both CUCM and CUC are on v11.5.1.18900-97. 

I now need to create System Call Handlers to replace the Auto Attendants still running on Exchange UM. I have everything working right up until the last step - forwarding unanswered calls to CUC. Here is the method I've used. I'm hoping someone can help me find what I'm missing. I am also open to a more efficient method, if that is found. Thank you in advance!

• Inbound call to 3420 > Forward All to Voice Mail
  • CUC System Call Handler at 3420 answers, plays Standard greeting
  • Caller presses 0 > Transferred to Alternate Contact Number at 4420 (Hunt Pilot), as programmed
  •                 Hunt Pilot set on Unanswered/Busy to forward calls to 4439 using TFB-Staff CSS
  •                 Hunt List has only one Line Group
  •                 Line Group set to Broadcast to five DN
  •                 Each of the five DN have Voice Mail Profile 4439 in TFB-Staff CSS
  •                 4439 uses TFB-Staff CSS and Voice Mail Profile TransfertoUnity
  • Calling phone displays that call hits 4420 for 3-4 rings, then phone display shows call hits 4439 for 3-4 rings
  • Call then transfers to Cisco Unity Opening Greeting rather than Standard Greeting of 4439
  • If 4439 is called directly, it rings 3-4 times then plays Standard Greeting as expected
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hope 4439 had a  mailbox in unity connection. Try the below in CUC.

• Login to Unity Connection.
  • Advanced > Conversations >Check Mark “Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hope 4439 had a  mailbox in unity connection. Try the below in CUC.

• Login to Unity Connection.
  • Advanced > Conversations >Check Mark “Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call

Response Signature

I failed to mention that 4439 indeed has a mailbox in Unity Connection. The solution you provided worked like a charm! Thank you very much!

Well, the solution provided to the Call Handler issue has now caused busy/no answer forwarded calls to end up in the voicemail of the forwarded DN rather than the original called number. How do I resolved both of these issues? 

Jesse999
Level 1
Level 1

can you help me with automatic call transfer ?

like : 

Automatic transfer .  Example :  +31 97010256323,01 automatically to x company +31 97010256323,02 automatic to macdonalds +31 97010256323,03 automatic to x company etc etc  Not aoptions menu: I want Automatically by means of the underlying code.

Like this :

+31 97010256323,01

+31 97010256323,02

i will pay the person who can help us.