cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CUCM Publisher and Subscriber be of different model?

Arnab Mukherjee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone confirm me if CUCM PUB and SUB  server be of different model? To be more specific if my Publisherr is running on MCS 7825 server then can I install a Subscriber instance on a upgraded server platform like MCS 7845 or on UCS server?              

5 Replies 5

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

The hardware can be different. The software must be the exact same.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Just bear in mind the overall system capacity will be that of the "small" server in the cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to be sure on the point about the capacity of the cluster if i use an upgraded version of server as Subscriber compare to the Publisher. I mean, if my publisher is runiing on MCS 7825 server and my Subscriber runs on MCS 7845 server and acts as call processing server then will it allow me to register 7500 IP phone on the Subscriber or i cam only register 1000 phones as per my publisher capacity (MCS 7825). Please note I will not fall back of my IP phones to the publisher rather it will fall back to another subscriber of model 7845.

In as much as your subscriber will handle call processing, your publisher is still responsible for the cluster's database. If the publisher capacity is limited to 1,000 phones then I see a problem in this scenario where it will now be responssible for mor e phones than its designed capacity

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Here's the general guidance from the SRND:

"The choice of hardware platform for the publisher  should be based on the desired scale and performance of the cluster.  Cisco recommends that the publisher have the same server performance  capability as the call processing subscribers."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/callpros.html

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!