cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I configure a second Unity Connection server as a non-failover backup

hutto.txed.net
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco server that I want to configure as a Non-failover server.  I will not turn on the server unless something happens to the primary Unity Connection 7.1  server.  Is this possible?  Is the licensing different than failover license.

2 Replies 2

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Cold standby licensing is not supported in Unity Connection.  If you need failover with Unity connection, it's an active/active setup.

If you want to configure a cold standby, you'd have to get a second set of licenses tied to the MAC of the standby server.  There would be other difficulties as well, but that's where you'd need to start.

Cliff

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately what you're looking for is only in Unity and not in CUC

Cisco Unity standby redundancy provides  disaster-recovery failover across geographic locations. There are still  two servers, a primary and a secondary, but they are installed in  separate data centers, commonly in separate cities. If the data center  in which the primary server is installed is affected by a natural  disaster or other catastrophe, someone in (or with remote access to) the  disaster-recovery facility manually activates the secondary server, and  the secondary server begins taking calls.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/design/guide/5xcudg070.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate