cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I terminate a SIP trunk on an existing MGCP gateway?

olighec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Running CUCM 7.1.5 and currently have a Cisco 2811 with 3 PRI circuits as a MGCP gateway.  We are bringing in a SIP trunk from our telecom provider for evaluation and I was wondering -- can I use that same router to terminate the SIP trunk handoff from the telco without affecting any of the existing PRI circuits?

As I understand, you don't need a voice gateway for a SIP trunk, correct?  It is simply defined in CUCM.  All I need is a place to terminate the Ethernet handoff the telco is going to give me.  Am I on the right path?

Thanks, I have never done SIP trunking before so this is all new to me.

- Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chris,

Yes, you can.

You will require CUBE licenses though, these are not enforced but from licensing perspective you need to order CUBE licenses for each concurrent call.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chris,

Yes, you can.

You will require CUBE licenses though, these are not enforced but from licensing perspective you need to order CUBE licenses for each concurrent call.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Thank you.  That is exactly what I needed to know.  I will look into adding the licensing as we have a large Cisco purchase coming up this month anyway (SMARTnet renewal time).

Thanks,

Chris