cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we Distribute the Hunt Pilot Calls on the basis of Calling Party Number (STD Codes)?

Pankaj Misra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I want to create a Hunt Pilot Number as a Helpdesk No, where i want to distribute the call on the basis of Calling Party No (STD Codes).

Ex. My Pilot No. is 1800000001. When a person calls from UK, according to his STD Code, the call should be directed to UK Helpdesk Department.

Same if a person from US Calls the Same Pilot No, this time the call should be directed to US Helpdesk Department.

Is it possible to configure in CUCM 8.5 and how?

Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

The frist thing I can suggest you is to work ar voice gateway level (if H323 or SIP) using answer-address and translation profiles to redirect calls to different hunt pilot nation related.

Of course you have to configure one hunt pilot and one line group fir each "source nation".

Hope this helps.

Bye

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

as Calro mentioned

this is possible by using H323 Voice gateway using the command answer address and translation rules

for example

you need to have two additional dial-peers with answer-address command ( answer-address = the calling number )

once you have a match tne tranlslate the called number to the hunt groups number

example

voice translation-rule 1  ---  translate to huntgorup1

rule 1 /.*/ /12345/

voice translation-profile hunt1
translate called 1

voice translation-rule 2  ---  tranlsate to huntgorup2

rule 1 /.*/ /6789/

translate called 1

voice translation-profile hunt2
translate called 2

dial-peer voice 1 pots

answer-address xxxxx

translation-profile incoming hunt1

direct-inward-dial

dial-peer voice 2 pots

answer-address yyyyy

translation-profile incoming hunt2

direct-inward-dial

please note that the numbers in the above example xxx or yyyy they need to be the calling numbers exactly as they how the telco send it to your voice gateway

also make sure these new dial-peers dose not over lap with any existing dial-peer and other dial-peer dose not take over this one

if you have another incoming dial-peer pots with the command incoming-called-number .

please replace this command with answer-address .  ( the dot mean any number )

HTH

if helpful Rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi.

The frist thing I can suggest you is to work ar voice gateway level (if H323 or SIP) using answer-address and translation profiles to redirect calls to different hunt pilot nation related.

Of course you have to configure one hunt pilot and one line group fir each "source nation".

Hope this helps.

Bye

Carlo

Hiii

Thanks Carlo and Marwanshawi.

Your reply are really helpful.

Cureently i am studying "Voice Gateway Translation Profiles" and "Answer-address" as suggested by both of you.

Then i will try to tune them accrding to my scenario.

Thanks once again.

Cheers

Pankaj

good luck and pls rate the helpful posts

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

as Calro mentioned

this is possible by using H323 Voice gateway using the command answer address and translation rules

for example

you need to have two additional dial-peers with answer-address command ( answer-address = the calling number )

once you have a match tne tranlslate the called number to the hunt groups number

example

voice translation-rule 1  ---  translate to huntgorup1

rule 1 /.*/ /12345/

translate called 1

voice translation-rule 2  ---  tranlsate to huntgorup2

rule 1 /.*/ /6789/

translate called 1

voice translation-profile hunt2
translate called 2

dial-peer voice 1 pots

answer-address xxxxx

translation-profile incoming hunt1

direct-inward-dial

dial-peer voice 2 pots

answer-address yyyyy

translation-profile incoming hunt2

direct-inward-dial

please note that the numbers in the above example xxx or yyyy they need to be the calling numbers exactly as they how the telco send it to your voice gateway

also make sure these new dial-peers dose not over lap with any existing dial-peer and other dial-peer dose not take over this one

if you have another incoming dial-peer pots with the command incoming-called-number .

please replace this command with answer-address .  ( the dot mean any number )

HTH

if helpful Rate

Hii

Thank you once again Carlo and Marwanshawi.

Your suggestions helped me a lot to achieve the requirement. I have tested it. The calls are being matched using translation rules and transfered to the intended extensions in Hunt group by matching 'answer-address'.

Cheers

Pankaj

thanks for the update and rating

glad to help

Many thanks to you for rating.

Glad to help me too.

Carlo