cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access web GUI on 8845

cainram
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting conflicting information on how to access the Web GUI on this phone. Some say it's on by default and others say it's off. I can ping the phone but I get nothing when trying to access via http. I need to configure this phone for use with FusionPBX and have no access to Cisco Unified Communications Manager. factory reset the phone and updated to sip8845_65.12-6-1-0001-668 via TFTP. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're running the Enterprise FW, so even if you have the GUI, it's NOT a configuration GUI, it's a read-only GUI.

You'd need to configure the device via the .xml config files for anything you want to do with it. Plenty of threads on CSC to use as reference.

If you wanted a phone with a config GUI, you had to buy the 3PCC variant of the device, or follow the procedure on upgrade.cisco.com to switch the FW version from Enterprise to 3PCC, and there might be an associated cost.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're running the Enterprise FW, so even if you have the GUI, it's NOT a configuration GUI, it's a read-only GUI.

You'd need to configure the device via the .xml config files for anything you want to do with it. Plenty of threads on CSC to use as reference.

If you wanted a phone with a config GUI, you had to buy the 3PCC variant of the device, or follow the procedure on upgrade.cisco.com to switch the FW version from Enterprise to 3PCC, and there might be an associated cost.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have the same issue as well

To update the xml config files for the cisco 8845 ip phone is this done via SSH (PUTTY) and if so what would be the default user name and password...  I have seen several threads that say it is Cisco/Cisco or cisco/cisco but this is not working for me is there a different user and password for the ssh? Any help would be appreciated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: