cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Complete conference : Join /Select Buttons

savio.ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 2801 ISR acting as a VG, router and CME.

We have CME version 8 with IOS c2801-spservicesk9-mz.151-1.T.bin

Whenever we press on "JOIN" , cannot complete conference messge is displayed.

We have only 1 DSP dedicated for active calls, so we're using a software based conferencing.

I already read many discussions in this forum but I'm suspicous about the possibility of "Join" and "Select" in software based ad-hoc conferencing.

we have 4 FXO ports connected to a SIMBOX. I already tried different configurations and options but still with the same result.

I'll post the configuration later when I got a confirmation regarding the possibility to do a 3 party conference in this case.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is explained in CME config guide:

Ad hoc conferences can be hardware-based or  software-based. Software-based conferences use the router CPU to provide  audio mixing (G.711) and are limited to 3 parties. Hardware-based  multi-party ad hoc conferencing uses digital signal processors (DSPs) to  allow more parties than software-based ad hoc conferencing and also  provides additional features such as Join and Conference Participant  List (ConfList).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is explained in CME config guide:

Ad hoc conferences can be hardware-based or  software-based. Software-based conferences use the router CPU to provide  audio mixing (G.711) and are limited to 3 parties. Hardware-based  multi-party ad hoc conferencing uses digital signal processors (DSPs) to  allow more parties than software-based ad hoc conferencing and also  provides additional features such as Join and Conference Participant  List (ConfList).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It means that join and conflist cannot work in software based ad-hoc conferencing. But how could we could have a conference call or have more than 2 calls in the same conference while "JOIN" softkey can't work with software based ad-hoc ?

Do we use only "Confr" softkey for each call ?

I already configured maximum conference under Telephony service and assigned the required ephone-dn octile to the the ephone. But do I need to create additional free ephone-dns with ad-hoc conference , no huntstop ?