cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Place Calls Before a Certain Time

marcrichards
Level 1
Level 1

We have a few users that arrive to work well before the rest of us do.  Essentially what happens is that the user picks up the phone, dials a number (or even an internal extension), and the phone does nothing.  The user can be called from the outside by dialing their DID so inbound doesn't appear to be the issue.  As the title states if the user waits another hour to hour and a half they can dial just fine with no issues.

I have disabled screen off on the phone, verified CUCM backups (both the VM and the DRS) do not take place during this time, checked load on CUCM subscriber at this site (all looks clean and no spikes), verified there are no time-of-day routing restrictions on the device partition (<None> for the time schedule). I would be happy to provide more troubleshooting information, just not sure where to go next.  In my mind a 4:00AM Packet Capture/Study seems to be in the mix but wanted to run this by the community first for some input.

System version: 12.5.1.12900-115

User phone: Cisco 8845 SIP

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Review CUCM traces for a call that has that behavior to begin with.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The traces do not display in CDR for the times I'm getting that they tried to dial out.  It's as if the phone never sends the digits CUCM.

Then review phone logs from that time.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate